The Best Choice for Designing Top-Quality & Dancefloor-Crushing Kicks
PunchBOX is a virtual instrument designed for creating high-quality kick drum sounds. It comes with a vast, exquisite library of presets & sounds created by industry-standard sound designers Sounds of Revolution and CFA-Sound to get you started in no time.
A Sampling & Synthesis Handshake
PunchBox is the best of both worlds: expressive synthesized sounds fused with the richness and complexity of real samples bring you top-notch, unheard-of kick sounds that set themselves apart. Each included sample is its own little masterpiece, crafted with professional experience using top-shelf instruments through the best vintage studio analog gear. The kick sound synthesizers, originating from D16 highly acclaimed emulations of the classic Roland drum machines, were taken to the next level and customized to perfectly fit the purpose of PunchBox.
At the heart of PunchBox is four sound generators, each a key component of your final kick sound. Factory settings were created as a jumping-off point to get started in a unique, intuitive and inspiring way.
Vast Factory Library of Quality Content
Sounds of Revolution and CFA-Sound prepared an arsenal of 1100 samples and 800 presets covering the gamut of virtually all contemporary subgenres of electronic music. It's never been easier to keep up with & trailblaze your own music production trends while maintaining a high-quality standard. Organized using the reknowned D16 tagging system, browsing for that perfect sound is as smooth as a 60hz sine wave.
You'll Get a Kick Outta This FX Rack
Fulfilling the demanding needs of producers when it comes to taking a kick sound to the next level quickly drove the PunchBOX dev team to create an effect rack with unsurpassed versatility. Reordering modules by simple drag'n'drop? Wet/dry knobs and selectable Mixdown After option? Independent sends from any sound generator to any effect? Instantly render your final kick sound as a drag & drop audio file? Done.
Intuitive & inspiring workflow
The PunchBox dev team worked hard to offer you an interface that knows what you want. You'll immediately see how simple it is to just activate/deactivate/level the building blocks of your signature kick sound – with a couple mouse clicks, knob turns and level changes. Creative juices not flowing today? No problem, just browse through the cleverly tagged presets or smash the Random button!
Up to 4 generators, operating in parallel, activated/deactivated independently
- Click - Sample-based, produces Kick accent
- Tops - Sample-based, produces e.g. hi-hats, percussion and noise
- Tools - Sample-based, produces almost full Kicks without sub
- Kick - Sample-based or Synth-based, produces the Kick's body. 4 synthesis engines for Synth Mode to select from:
- 909 Kick model
- 808 Kick model
- 606 Kick model
- Sine wave based Kick model
- Audio-to-Effect Send Per Generator
- 1 voice of polyphony
- Optional MIDI velocity sensitivity and pitch tracking
Built-In Effect Rack
- 5 high-quality algorithms operating in series, may be independently turned on/off and reordered by drag 'n' drop
- Bit Crusher
- Controllable Connection Point in the Effect Chain for the Generators’ Direct Output (Mixdown After)
Samples and Presets
- Vast factory content designed by CFA-Sound and Sounds of Revolution
- 800 presets
- 1100 samples
- Suitably tagged
- Tag-based Preset and Sample browsers
- Preview option
- User may import own samples
- 7 preset categories (hierarchically ordered)
- Global / Master presets
- 909 Synth engine
- 808 Synth engine
- 606 Synth engine
- Sine Synth engine
- Bitcrusher Effect
- Distortion Effect
- MIDI Learn option
- Flexible Randomizer
- Direct Export function (export your final kick as WAV file)
View Installation Instructions
- OS version Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- CPU 2.0 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.4 Ghz recommended)
- RAM 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software VST / AAX compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X
- OS version 10.7 and later
- CPU Intel-based 2.0 Ghz (2.4 Ghz recommended)
- RAM 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software AU / VST / AAX compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Please note: This is not a standalone program - a host application (DAW) is required to use it.
Any references to any brands on this site/page, including reference to brands and instruments, are provided for description purposes only. For example