Taking the classic analogue sound of the legendary silver box into the future
Phoscyon offers an unmatched sound together with advanced features such as a state of the art Distortion unit; fully user configurable BPM synced Arpeggiator and Randomizer; a unique 'Play Live' mode; vintage arrangement and pattern builder, full MIDI CC support and, to top it off, the most authentic 18db/oct low pass filter ever created!
Diehard fans of the original Bass Line will be blown away with Phoscyon’s uncanny emulation of the classic, but will also marvel at the ease with which new sounds can be crafted; sounds that were not possible on the original. Phoscyon gives you access to authentic vintage sounds at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. With the familiar Bass Line interface coupled with the added sound generation tools, D16 Group feels that Phoscyon is quite simply in a class of its own.
Phoscyon is a vintage analogue modelled Bassline synthesizer with a unique low pass filter with an 18db/oct dumping and constant resonance amplitude throughout the entire frequency domain. The filter sounds phenomenal! Hear that squelch and you’ll swear it's analogue! D16 have also equipped it with a fully customizable integrated arpeggiator (essential in electronic music) as well as an exhaustively analogue modelled distortion effect, crucial for those screaming acid basslines!
Phoscyon's designers are also musicians who believe that in order for electronic music to stay relevant, it needs to evolve – just like any other genre. D16's approach is to give forward-thinking musicians and producers the tools they need to craft the sounds they want. Whether it’s Techno, Acid, Triphop, IDM, D&B, Ambient, or any other kind of genre-bending music, Phoscyon will take your sound further.
- Classic 303 Sound - Faithful emulation of the classic analogue sound of the legendary silver box taken into the future with a whole bunch of new features for new levels of artistic freedom
- State Of The Art Distortion Unit Build-In - Yet more easy, convenient and instant tweaking acidic sounds
- Arpeggiator and Randomizer - For effortless and joyful creating bass lines and crazy melodic passages with total control over the process
- 2 authentically emulated analogue oscillators (saw/square)
- Screaming 18db/oct low pass filter with absolutely no self-oscillation
- Filters equipped with transistor amplitude clipping
- Perfectly scaled knob ranges
- Additional synthesis controls expand the synthesizer's range
- 96 patterns
- Each pattern is up to 16 steps in length
- Shuffle mode
- Chain mode
- Shuffle (swing) and tempo values defined per pattern
- Patterns import/export via human-readable XML files
Two Modes of Synchronization
- Precise synchronization to the host tempo
- Synchronization to the internal clock - tempo controlled in the range 30-300 BPM (+-0.1)
- 7 predefined chords and 1 user-definable chord
- Arpeggiator tempo multiplier (1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6)
- Arpeggiator repeat feature
- 4 arpeggiation patterns (Up, Down, Up-Down, Random)
- Defined offsets of octaves to work with
Built-in Distortion Effect (Equivalent to a Transistor Amplifier with Equalisation)
- Tailored for the Acid Bassline sound!
- Equipped with signal routing (Dist <=> Eq)
Many Ways of Controlling the Device
- External mode (notes triggering the sounds)
- Internal sequencer (pattern mode)
- Generates patterns from a user-defined range of notes, user-defined chords or predefined chords (Major, Minor, 7th, m7th, M7, m7-5, DIM)
- Generates random values for Note, Gate, Accent, and Slide attributes
- Allows the user to define attribute frequency
Fully controllable via MidiCC
- OS version Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- CPU 1.5 GHz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 GHz recommended)
- RAM 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X
- OS version 10.7 to 10.14
- CPU Intel-based 1.5 GHz (2.0 GHz recommended)
- RAM 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software AU / VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Please note: This is not a standalone program - a host application (DAW) is required to use it.