Good Verb Gone Bad
MangledVerb™ is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos. Guitarists have used it for years to create signature sounds and now you can have it in your favorite DAW.
MangledVerb starts with a variable pre-delay which feeds a stereo reverb into a complex distortion effect. Sonically it can range from the light friction of a bow scraping a cello string to the mayhem of a caged beast being poked with a red hot flounder.
Tweak it Live
Like all the H9 Signature Series plug-ins, MangledVerb excels in live situations. The Ribbon is an innovative control that allows you to program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them. The programmable HotSwitch allows you to instantly jump to an alternate setting at the push of a button. This combination of controls brings you as close as possible to the experience of tweaking real hardware.
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by increasing the Size and Overdrive.
- Use it as Mono-In/Mono-Out, Mono-In/Stereo-Out, or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out for ultimate flexibility.
- Smoothly move from Softclip distortion to Overdrive for ripping transitions.
- Use the Wobble control to create spooky detuning effects.
- Use The Ribbon control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HotSwitch to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
MangledVerb Artist Presets
MangledVerb includes over 180 presets from the H9 and artists like:
- Aaron Nevezie
- Chris Carter
- Christian Cassan
- Danny Gomez
- Drew of the Drew
- Joel Hamilton Jordi Martinez
- Kerry Leva
- Lawson White
- Mikail Graham
- Richard Devine
- Symbion Project
- Vernon Reid
A Brief History of MangledVerb
MangledVerb started life as a popular effect algorithm in Eventide’s rack-mount Eclipse and is one of the key algorithms included in our Space and H9 stompboxes. The plug-in version has been optimized for anyone working ‘in the box’ and presets can be shared between Space, the H9, and the MangledVerb plug-in.
- Windows 8 and later (32 / 64bit)
- AAX, VST2, VST3 (32 / 64-bit)
- macOS 10.9 and later (64-bit only) (macOS 11 Big Sur only supported on Intel-based Mac systems)
- AAX, AU, VST2, VST3 (64-bit)
- Eventide tests their desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One (However, our plugins should work with any compatible host.)
- New 32-bit macOS installers are no longer being made for this product.
- No iLok dongle is required to run this software - only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorization.
- macOS 11 Big Sur is only supported on Intel-based Mac systems.
Important - To use Eventide plugins on an M1 Mac, you may need to launch your DAW under Rosetta (right-click the application icon, select "Get Info" and then select "Open using Rosetta"). Note that many DAWs do not yet support macOS Big Sur, so it is important to check your DAW's website for compatibility info before updating.