This is an emulation of an Orange Squeezer guitar compressor, with added controls for tweaking. It runs in mono or stereo and has selectable 2x oversampling. Note that this is not a studio compressor, the Vitamin C has the quirks and imperfections of the original Orange Squeezer that gave it its unique character.
The Orange Squeezer is a guitar compressor that was released in the 1970s as part of the Dan Armstrong effect line. It has been used prominently by artists like Mark Knopfler and Jeff Baxter for its smooth squish and sustains.
- Orange Squeezer guitar compressor emulation.
- Runs in mono or stereo.
- Selectable 2x oversampling.
- Unique character.
- Runs in 32, and 64 bit.
- This is for PC only.
View Installation Instructions
Installing on Windows
1. To install the Distorque software, first double-click the RAR folder you downloaded from Pluginboutique.com. Choose which type of plug-in you wish to run (32 or 64 bit) You will then see this window -
2. Next follow the file directory - Computer / System (C:) / Program Files / Steinberg - and drag the .dll file into the Steinberg folder.
3. You can now open your DAW of choice and use this great free plug-in!