The KResearch KR-Fatter STR is a modular hybrid plug-in processor using two different proprietary time and frequency domain DSP platforms in a single unit. The frequency domain platform used is Spectral Transformation Resynthesis (STR). STR is a digital signal processing (DSP) platform that operates exclusively in the frequency domain and makes use of specially developed spectral transforms for synthesis and audio effect design. At the same time, KR-Fatter STR is using specially designed time domain processing elements like for example fractal based variance controls. By combining these two platforms in a single unit, new more powerful effects can be achieved rather using a single platform.
KR-Fatter STR can be used to enhance the spectral content of audio signals containing vocal, instrument or synthesized sound recordings. By using different combinations of the available modules KR-Fatter STR allows the creation of different effects like Fattening, Spectral Coloring, Imaging, Harmonizing, Pitch Shifting, Delay, Modulation and other Special effects. Special attention was given in the design of this processor in the use of Naturally perceived randomization of the available functions in order to produce a spectrally evolving output. These randomizations implemented using Fractal algorithms can transform dull static audio signals into vibrant, rich and natural sounding recordings.
The available modules and functions can be employed in both serial and parallel fashion to achieve different results. KR-Fatter STR can create up to an additional 4 stereo copies (total 10 mono channels including the dry signal) of the input signal which can be processed individually by applying modular effects and mixed together in a final master stereo output bus.
Thanks to the modular architecture, KR-Fatter STR is able to deliver the highest quality audio processing at low CPU costs modules add CPU cycles only when switched-on. This preserves maximum efficiency while making possible high performance on a wide range of CPU platforms.
- Generic pitch-shifter: generate pitch related variations of the original audio signal
- Animated pitch variation: produce animated pitch variations
- STR color (STR transform filter): design thousands of different spectral color variations of the original input audio spectrum
- Low-frequency oscillator (LFO) modulation: give vibrato effect
- Phase: add naturally perceived phase related variations
- Amplifier: add naturally perceived amplitude related variations
- Shelving equalizer (EQ): use to spectrally balance individual channels and/or the whole mix
- Delay: use to create delayed copies of the input
- Panning: use to create imaging effects or expansion
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
- AMD Athlon 64 or higher
- Windows 7 32/64bit | Windows 8 32/64bit
- Core Duo 2.3Ghz or higher
- All Intel-based Macintosh
- 10.7.5 - 10.9.x