Powerful spectral analysis tool and automation generator
Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro is a real-time spectrum analyzer with advanced functionalities. It uses the same smooth algorithms as its little brother (Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst free plug-in). It has been designed to provide extreme smoothness and high resolution for both time and frequency. The frequency analysis can be fine-tuned. Manage precision and rate and apply an offset or slope to the measured spectrum. Two threshold systems are available and the time response can be changed thanks to the attack and release parameters.
Three modes are offered for each channel: instant, peak or average response can be displayed on the same graph. Zooming capabilities and coordinates displays let you exactly measure the characteristics of the spectrum. The four memory slots allow you to store any curve in memory. This helps you make comparisons between several tracks or effects setups very easily. A spectrogram view has been added so that you can monitor the evolution of the spectrum over time either in 2D or 3D (3D waterfall mode). All channels are of course available in this view, with exact coordinates display and zooming capabilities. Like many of Blue Cat's other professional analysis tools, this plug-in also provides output parameters that you can use to control other effects in real-time. The generated automation envelopes or MIDI CC messages include the minimum and maximum frequencies and the energy centre of the spectrum, expressed in Hertz or as MIDI note value.
With the transformation parameters (offset, amount and reverse), you can customize the generation of these parameters and monitor the modifications on the value graphs. Thanks to this unique functionality, you can now control any effect with the pitch of the audio signal: imagine a filter on an instrument controlled by the pitch of another instrument, compression depending on the pitch of the signal... Anything is possible.
- Mono, stereo or mid/side real-time spectrum analyzer
- Total control over the analysis parameters, with slope and offset correction
- Smart interpolation algorithm for extreme display smoothness
- Spectrum and spectrogram views
- Animated zoom for all displays
- Precise measurement capabilities, with note info display
- 3D waterfall view with full 3D control
- Solid or wireframe 3D surface display
- Instant, peak and average curves display for each channel
- Save the curves for easy A/B comparison
- Opacity control for the user interface
- Custom absolute and relative threshold control
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your DAW
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format
- Intel processor
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer (Catalina and Big Sur are both supported)
- VST / VST3 / Audio Unit / AAX compatible DAW (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- VST / VST3/ AAX compatible DAW (32 or 64 bit)