The TS-808 is a software emulation (VSTi plugin) of the Roland TR-808. The TR-808 service notes provide full schematics for each voice. I used them to make SPICE simulations of the circuits. I also analysed the best samples I could find (The Tape808, by Goldbaby), and tweaked the sounds until the waveforms and spectral content were as close as possible to the real thing. Most of the voices have more parameters and a greater range than their hardware predecessor.
The TS-808 was a labor of love - I made it because I wanted to make music with it. I decided to make it available at no fixed cost because I thought others would enjoy using it too.
- Roland TR-808 emulation
- Full schematics for each voice
- More parameters and a greater range than their hardware predecessor
- This plugin is for PC only
1. To install TS-808, the first download and unzip the installer folder, (located in your Plugin Boutique account cart).
2. Next follow the file directory - Computer / System (C:) / Program Files / Steinberg - and drag the .dll file into the Steinberg folder.
3. Open up your DAW and your software will now be ready to use!