Drumazon synthesis emulates all the sounds of the original 909
Drumazon synthesis emulates all the sounds of the original 9O9. All the instruments are synthesized in exactly the same way as the original. All the nuances and detail of the original are captured perfectly. In addition, all Drumazon instruments have enhanced controls. This extra functionality allows the user to adjust the sounds further than on the original unit. This opens up a whole new world of sound creation.
Drumazon has a flexible output configuration. Every instrument's audio signal can be routed to any of the 11 outputs. This allows users to further shape sounds individually or in groups via their favourite plug-ins. Each individual output can be set to mono or stereo. Every instrument also has a Mute and Solo button. Mute will not just silence the sound, it will stop the sound being triggered. Solo will stop all other instruments from being triggered and only allow the selected sound(s) to play.
Drumazon has extensive midi control. Midi notes can be used to trigger each individual sound. Alternatively, the internal sequencer can be used. This can be set to play using Drumazon's internal clock or set to synchronize perfectly to the host sequencer. Most of Drumazon's parameters can be automated within the host and also controlled using MidiCC with an external controller. An easy-to-use Midi Learn function allows reassignment of any of the parameters.
Within the internal sequencer, patterns are stored in 8 banks. Each bank can store up to 12 patterns. Each pattern consists of 16 steps. Each pattern location has a midi note number assigned to it. The patterns can be edited traditionally using the step buttons or using the tap function.
The internal sequencer has various modes of operation. In Chain Mode, a range of patterns are selected from the internal banks and are played through in a circular fashion. Patterns can also be triggered freely by selecting the corresponding midi note (for example, from a midi controller keyboard). External controllers can be used in any mode to provide full control over pattern playback.
A Randomizer function is also provided within the internal sequencer. It can be used to make simple changes to a pattern or create a whole new one - ideal when your creativity needs a boost! Randomizing can be applied to specific instruments and specific steps. The frequency of occurrence can also be adjusted to give you just the right amount.
Files are stored in the XML format. This allows single patterns or whole banks to be exchanged between users easily. XML allows the files to be edited in a text editor. Ideal if you want to post or share a pattern on a web site - just post the text!
The settings for each instrument can be stored in its own preset. Each instrument preset can be loaded in individually. This allows maximum flexibility when putting kits of instruments together. A dedicated Preset Manager is provided to help the user manage the sounds within their own unique library.
- True emulation of each individual module
- Scaled knob ranges: small modifications offer deep tone variations.
- DSP-exclusive controls of modules' sound
- User-defined routing preferences
- Mutes/solos for each instrument (affect triggerring not just the signal)
- Fully controllable via MidiCC
- Quick midiCC assignation with MidiLearn function
- Multiple sequencing options:
- External mode (note mode)
- Internal sequencer (pattern mode) with 3 submodes
- External mode:
- MIDI map equivalent with the classic drum machine's map
- MIDI tune and velocity controls instruments' levels and tunes
- Internal sequencer:
- 8 banks with 12 patterns per bank
- Each pattern up to 16 steps of length
- Each pattern defined with one of four available measures
- Each step can be defined normal or flamed and accented or not
- Shuffle mode
- Flam mode
- Tap mode
- Chain mode
- Shuffle, Flam, and TotalAccent values are defined globally and per pattern
- Scale function and intelligent Rescale (automatically stretches pattern to the chosen measure)
- Tweakable randomizer (module-specific, step-specific, and chance)
- Patterns import/export via super simple XML files
- Tempo Sync to internal clock (30-303 BPM +-0.1) or to host
- Individual presets per instrument with a preset manager to easy control
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- CPU: 1.5 GHz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 GHz recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software: VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7 - macOS 10.15 (macOS 11 Big Sur not yet supported)
- CPU: Intel-based 1.5 GHz (2.0 GHz recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software: AU / VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
- NOT compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur
Please note: This is not a standalone program - a host application (DAW) is required to use it.