Pound for pound, the classic 606 sound
Nithonat is a fully synthesized drum machine based on the classic 606. The unique sound of this machine has been used by many artists over the years in the production of Electro, Hip-Hop and Rnb. The original 606 has been perfectly emulated. However, since Nithonat is software-based, D16 was able to enhance the original with extra functionality.
Expanded Controls? Yes, please.
On the original 606, the only sound parameter was volume. In order for it to stand up to the flexibility of its bigger siblings (Ie the 808 and 909), D16 implemented extra controls which allow each sound to be shaped in ways never before accomplished by the original.
A whole spectrum of sounds is now at your fingertips – rumbling kicks, barky snares, and completely unique, ear-grabbing toms and hi-hats. For the first time since its release in the 80s, you can explore what the 606 would have truly been capable of!
One of a Kind
Nithonat was designed completely from the ground up. Its synthesis is special, even when compared to Nepheton's. It has very unique and characteristic hi-hat and cymbal sounds which are due to the emulated structure of the circuits in the original. The bass drum has unparalleled attack character and strong punch. The snare sounds sandy.
These unique attributes guarantee that our 606 is not a sub-standard 808 but is a great instrument with a unique timbre that will bring an old-school feel to any track it is used on.
Nithonat was designed from the ground up not only as a 1-to-1 emulator but as a standalone instrument in its own right. Its synthesis is quite special – even compared to D16'sother offerings such as Nepheton. Its quirky, characteristic hi-hat and cymbal sounds come from emulating the exact structure of the original circuits. The untouched bass drum has tons of attack and character, but add to that D16's exclusive ‘Tune’ ‘Attack’ and ‘Decay’ parameters and you’ll be packing your mix with more kick than hot sauce covered in ghost peppers. D16 followed the same ethos in emulating the snare; all the familiarities of the original, but with the added ‘Tune’ ‘Tone’ and ‘Snappy’ controls for a snare that really grounds a track and creates a sonic palette ready for production.
These unique attributes guarantee that this 606 stands apart with old-school timbres, squeezing its vibe to any track whether its progressive house or R&B.
Beauty in Flexibility
Nithonat has a powerful built-in internal sequencer with a clean GUI and simple, intuitive controls. In addition to having many internal sequencer modes, Nithonat can also be used as a sound module. All sounds and functions within Nithonat can be controlled via your host DAW, offering creative, familiar results. Operation of Nithonat is very similar to Drumazon and Nepheton – so if you’ve already delved into D16's previous instruments you can skip reading the manual!
Another D16 Classic
D16 truly believes that this is a drum machine legend, not simply because of its exacting emulation but because of its expanded controls unique to D16's design. It doesn’t rest its laurels on just “sounding the same.”
- Fully synthesized drum sounds - no samples, more flexibility.
- Additional parameters to get never-before control over each module.
- Multiple operation modes:
- External mode (Drum MIDI triggers the modules)
- Internal sequencer (patterns trigger the modules)
- Internal sequencer:
- 8 banks with 12 patterns per bank
- Each pattern is up to 16 steps in length
- Each pattern defined with one of four available measures
- Shuffle mode
- Trigger out
- Global accent track
- Tap mode
- Chain mode
- Shuffle (swing) and tempo values defined per pattern
- Built-in randomizer
- Patterns import/export via human-readable xml files
- Two modes of synchronization:
- Precise synchronization to the host tempo
- Synchronization to the internal clock - tempo controlled in the range 30-300 BPM (+-0.1)
- Mutes/solos for each instrument (affect triggering not just the signal)
- 8 individual outputs are available
- Drum kits organized into groups
- Quick MIDI learn function
- 64bit internal processing
View Installation Instructions
- OS version Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- CPU 1.5 GHz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 GHz recommended)
- RAM 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X
- OS version 10.7 to 10.14
- CPU Intel-based 2.0 GHz (2.0 GHz recommended)
- RAM 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software AU / VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Please note: This is not a standalone program - a host application (DAW) is required to use it.