Full control, intuitive ease
From naturally extracted and expanded soundscapes to full cinematic big-stage enhancement, Halo Upmix delivers all the control you need to fine-tune your surround mix to perfection. With unique centre channel management, including switchable dialog extraction, Halo Upmix is perfect for all types of production from archive restoration and TV through to the full 7.1 feature film experience.
An optional 3D extension adds Dolby Atmos bed track (7.1.2) and Auro 3D (7.1.4) compatibility, and Ambisonic outputs.
The Halo Upmix algorithms produce a natural, coherent spatial upmix, preserving the character of the original audio without adding any artificial reverb, chorus or delays.
With the 'Exact' control engaged, Halo Upmix can be used with confidence that the original source integrity is precisely preserved in the downmix.
Powerful real-time analysis of the original stereo material identifies and extracts locational cues to naturally extend the panorama, leaving the inherent character of the original source intact.
- Coherent spatial upmix
- Full access to surround balances
- Low frequency energy control
- Clear visual feedback
- Direct control over upmix parameters
- No artificial reverb, chorus or delays
- 'Exact' downmix mode with in-place audition
- Neural network dialog extraction
Powerful spatial analysis
Halo also includes a powerful spatial analysis view, intuitively showing the energy distribution of the upmixed panorama. Colour can additionally be used to indicate the speaker source for audio in any position, clearly indicating cases including phantom vs hard centre predominance.
Because Halo Upmix generates a coherent spatial sound, you can be assured of a high-quality downmix. The 'exact' mode function ensures ultimate downmix performance in situations where maintaining the relationship between the original, upmixed and downmixed versions is imperative, for example in TV repurposing.
With surround delivery requirements becoming more and more common, Halo Upmix can be indispensable. Providing sophisticated control including neural network powered dialog isolation Halo transfroms time intensive workflows and improves output quality with ease.
For Film & Sound Design
With powerful control accessing every dimension of the upmix, Halo is indispensable for upmixing original and vintage scores - right up to Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D with the 3D Immersive extension.
Multiple instances in sound design and score work on synths, stereo FX archive and effects returns breath life and energy into the sound in ways that legacy delay and panning techniques can't approach - all with a solid reasurrance of a highly downmix compatible result.
With optional Ambisonic format output, Halo Upmix is equally at home when working in a VR and game audio environment.
To suit almost any situation
- Upmixing includes LCR, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 & 7.1.
- Stem and group upmixing
- 7.1 cinematic sound stage enhancement
- TV stereo to surroundupmixing with hard centre
- Repurposing of original stereo for cinematic release
- TV archive enhancement for 5.1 broadcast
- Natural extension of original stereo panoramas and atmospheres
- Upmix to Dolby Atmos compatible 7.1.2 bed tack (3D Immersive Extension required)
- Upmix to 1st, 2nd & 3rd order Ambisonic (AmbiX format) for VR applications (3D Immersive Extension required)
- Mac OSX 10.7.x / 512 MB RAM
- Windows (64 bit) Vista or above / 512 MB RAM
We support AAX, VST, VST3, AU, and AudioSuite in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions. RTAS is also available as 32-bit only. Halo Upmix requires a surround-compatible plug-in host (5.1/7.1) such as Pro Tools HD.