FilterCrusher, a collaboration between Bedroom Producers Blog and Audio Assault is a dual tube filter effect for mixing and sound design purposes. The plugin features a pair of resonant filters and a modeled tube preamp circuit for subtle tube saturation. Additional "crush" mode boosts the input gain and results in audible tube-style distortion.
The emulated tube circuit can go anywhere between the mildest possible saturation and full overdrive. When used at reasonably low settings, FilterCrusher adds a bit of analog mojo on top and helps even out the dynamics of the processed signal. By engaging the "crush" mode, the plugin steps into distortion category, which is perfect for getting more aggressive sounding results.
Under the hood, the plug-in features the same tube preamp modelling algorithms as the one used in commercial guitar amplification software by Audio Assault.
FilterCrusher is the result of a collaboration between Audio Assault (programming) and Bedroom Producers Blog (concept and GUI).
FilterCrusher is released as a 32-bit and 64-bit VST and AU plugin formats for Windows and Mac OS X based host applications.
- Adjustable 12 dB high and low pass resonant filters
- Modeled tube circuit
- Subtle and "crush" modes
- Zero latency
- Optimized for low CPU usage
- CPU: 2 GHz (SSE3)
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Windows XP and above
- CPU: 2 Ghz (SSE3)
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6 and above
1. Run the FilterCrusher Installer
2. Once the FilterCrusher installer opens, click 'Next'
3. Select a destination location for the FilterCrusher folder
4. Select the folder in which setup should install the FilterCrusher, then click 'Next'
5. Select which components you wish to be installed
6. Select the start menu folder
7. Review your install options, and click install
8. Once completed, click 'Finish'
9. Your FilterCrusher will now be installed!