SGA1566 is loosely based on a single-channel vintage tube preamplifier. We have made some changes to the original schematic, added tone controls, and made it stereo.
To achieve the most authentic analog sound, the whole circuit is simulated in real-time using the high-performance circuit simulator. However, this level of sound fidelity comes at a price of high CPU utilization. For cases where such a CPU hit is prohibitive, we have added a model that is significantly less CPU intensive but slightly less accurate than the circuit simulation.
Use SGA1566 to add warmth to a track, as a saturation compressor, or to add "dirt" with a tube overdrive.
Donate or check out more products from Shattered Glass Audio HERE.
This plugin is available in both 32- and 64-bit VST and AU versions. AU version is available for Mac only.
- Mac - OS X 10.7 or higher.
- Windows - XP/7/8.
View Installation Instructions
1. Download the installer from your Plugin Boutique user account.
2. Un-archive and run the installer, then click Next.
3, Read the License Agreement, and if happy, click Next.
4. Select the location where you wish your plugin to be installed (or remain with the default location), then click Next.
4. Review your installation, then if happy, click Install.
After the installer has concluded, you're plugin is ready to use!