Bullhorn / Loudspeaker Emulation
Megaphone is a plug-in that emulates a bullhorn/loudspeaker effect, which features two loudspeaker emulations, feedback (slapback) control and a noise section. Megaphone can be used to make any audio source sound as if it’s being played by a bullhorn.
The feedback section is essentially a slapback effect. When using megaphones, the output of the loudspeaker can be captured again by the input microphone, introducing a delay/reflection and the usual feedback tones (those can be triggered with high gain sources and feedback amount higher than 50%).
- The megaphone noises can be enabled by the Trigger button. There are two types of noise: Button and Burst. You can balance the mix between the two noises with the Source parameter.
- The button noise is the noise made by clicking on the megaphone button to enable its microphone.
- The burst is the typical background noise of the loudspeaker.
- If the envelope is enabled, the Burst noise will follow the transients of the input signal.
- 2 Loudspeaker emulations
- Overdrive + Bandwidth control
- Feedback / Slapback
- Preset system with randomizer
- Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (64-bit only)
- Platforms: OSX, Windows
2019/11/29: New Version 1.5.1 Changelog
- Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
- Added: Parameter Lock
- Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
- Added: Notification System
- Improved: CPU and memory usage
- Fixed: DSP not updating properly on some presets
- Fixed: Minor graphics issues when closing multiple plugins
- OS X 10.7 – macOS 10.15 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM
- VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX, (64-bit host required)
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM
- VST2, VST3, or AAX (64-bit host required)
Important note: this software is 64-bit compatible only and will not function on 32-bit systems.