The Complete Baby Audio Collection
Discover five focused and elegant plugins by New York-based company, Baby Audio. Each of their plugins have been designed to be a one-stop solution that you'll instinctively reach for whenever you need creative delays, parallel compression, or an injection of lo-fi magic in your production.
Want a tape delay vibe for your lead synth, a modern slap on your vocals, and a crunchy lofi echo on your guitars? Not a problem. Comeback Kid is designed to adapt to your sound, creating the perfect creative and inspiring delay.
Feel the grainy magic of the VHS era — with six unique effects all in one strange plugin... Super VHS is here to infuse some 80's nostalgia into your tracks by adding anything from subtle warmth and warping to full, dizzying lo-fi disintegration.
Explore True ‘New York-style' parallel compression with I Heart NY. Parallel compression is an essential technique for creating powerful mixes but it can be a hassle to deal with the extra routing when you’re in the creative zone. Baby Audio have made a plugin that does the hard work for you and will instantly provide your audio with a fat and punchy flavour.
Combine parallel compression and saturation like never before in a single plugin with Parallel Aggressor.
Spaced Out is a lush wet-FX generator, built for sending your sounds and vocals into weightless, heavenly orbit. It combines a crystalline reverb engine with a wealth of modulation options and a 16-step delay sequencer. In total, more than 50 individual effects come together in a singular creative experience with endless outcomes and zero sub-menus.
Smooth Operator is an intelligent signal balancer all about creative expression. Smooth Operator has your back when it comes to automatically eliminating artefacts and is meant for shaping your tone.
The Baby Audio Complete Bundle is available for a limited time only.
Intelligent Signal Balancer
Introducing Clarity on Demand
Smooth Operator combines equalization, spectral compression, and resonance suppression into a singular creative experience that’s instant and intuitive. Use it to perfect your tonal balance and add a touch of ‘hi-fi’.
BABY Audio's spectral detection algorithm adapts to your audio 44,100 times per second and automatically eliminates fatigued frequencies. This gives you full control to shape your signal and bring out more definition.
- Brings out clarity and smoothness across instruments, vocals, and mix busses.
- Allows for creative tone-shaping without artefacts or harsh resonances.
- An intelligent algorithm that automatically detects and resolves fatigued frequencies.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Smooth Operator.
Spaced Out offers a pristine sounding one-stop solution for your wet-fx needs on drums, instruments and vocals. Use it subtly to add depth and movement — or go explore the outer bounds of wet-FX processing.
It is no secret that BABY Audio are obsessed with the quirks, sounds, and simplicity of vintage analog gear. With every software product Baby Audio makes, they hope to offer a little bit of that same hands-on experience and instant gratification. Never by emulating the past — but by tapping into its spirit to invent something new.
With Spaced Out, Baby Audio asked themselves this: How would they design a “space echo” effect today, almost 50 years after the original, with the abundance of computer power and algorithmic complexity at their disposal?
They set out to create an effect as fun, flavoured and futuristic for the 21st century as the Space Echo was for its own time. It’s been an epic journey and Baby Audio are proud to have returned with their most complex plugin to date.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Spaced Out.
Parallel processing plays a fundamental part in getting a “big” mix sound. By processing multiple copies of the same track and blending them together, you can add more punch to a mix — in a more natural-sounding way.
It's like teamwork: Multiple copies of the same track - each focused on doing one specific job - can achieve more together than a single copy being processed to death on its own.
Parallel Aggressor is based on this simple concept. The plugin splits your audio into three equal parts:
- Dry - Your original signal
- Spank - A heavily compressed duplicate
- Heat - A heavily saturated duplicate
Work the duplicates hard! Then combine all three signals to squeeze every drop of sonic juice out of your track.
Spank offers an addictively punchy compression algorithm, designed to adapt to your audio signal. It begins where Baby Audio's I Heart NY plugin ended, with improvements in sound quality, signal detection, and flexibility.
Style injection buttons: Extra Punch, Extra Smack, Sidechain Filter, Mono.
Heat is a warm, analog-modeled, saturation algorithm with an aggressive bite. It is based on Baby Audio's tape saturator from Super VHS, but has been rewritten and optimized for the Parallel Aggressor release.
Style injection buttons: Extra Hot, Tone, HP Filter, LP Filter.
Auto Gain ensures that the combined output of the plugin’s three signals roughly matches the input/dry level. This allows you to experiment with different internal mix balances while keeping a consistent plugin output.
- Balance the three parallel signals from the main level mixer.
- Use the Spank and Heat knobs to dial up the firepower of the parallel engines.
- The meters help you set the right amount of Spank and Heat for any audio signal. (Dial the main Spank/Heat knobs until the meters peak right before the orange line).
- The style knobs inject desirable sonic flavors into the parallel engines. Engage many at once.
- The solo buttons let you monitor each parallel signal individually for fine-tuning purposes.
- Turn on Auto Gain to get a consistent plugin output, roughly matching the input level.
- Output sets the global output level (post-Auto Gain).
- Switch between three different color schemes by clicking the top-left icon.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Parallel Aggressor.
A delay worth waiting for.
Of all the essential mix tools, the delay may be the most creatively satisfying. So Baby Audio asked themselves: could they take one of their favourite effects and give it an upgrade?
They set out to develop their vision for a warmer sounding, more inspiring delay plugin: One that lets you design your own delay sounds through a versatile selection of onboard flavouring tools. Easily and intuitively.
Comeback Kid includes everything you'd expect from a new go-to delay — plus some unexpected extras.
- BPM-synced modes: Straight, dotted, triplet. Free mode: 0.01 ms - 2500 ms. Ping-Pong option.
- Lo-Cut + Hi-Cut: Tame your delays with analog-modeled filters.
- Attack + Sustain: Sculpt your delays with flexible transient designers.
- Cheap: Degrade your delays with a custom 11-bit signal path — modeled after vintage digital units.
- Tape: Warm up your delays with analog-style tape saturation.
- Swirl: Add movement to your delays with an analog-modeled phaser.
- Sauce: Add space to your delays with a touch of algorithmic reverb.
- Wider: Widen your delays through L/R time variations.
- Richer: Add dimension to your delays through L/R pitch variations.
- Pan: Place your delays in the stereo image.
- Mono: Turn your delays into mono.
- Ducker: Lower your delays when the dry signal is playing — for a cleaner, more modern sound.
- Destiny: Leave your delays to destiny — for a less robotic, more human, and unpredictable vibe.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Comeback Kid.
LoFi Vibes from a Strange Decade
As kids of the 80s, the Baby Audio team have always been drawn to the sound of slightly out-of-tune synths, warm tape saturation, gritty samples, and grainy reverbs.
So they set out on a mission to capture the lofi spirit of their favourite decade — and bring it into a new decade. Meet a complex algorithm with eight simple knobs. They named it ‘Super’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
A chain of six meticulously crafted ‘one-knob effects:
- 1. STATIC — Static noise synthesizer
- 2. HEAT — ‘Analog tape’ saturator
- 3. SHAPE — Sample rate reducer
- 4. MAGIC — Dark chorus FX
- 5. DRIFT — Pitch fluctuation LFO
- 6. WASH — ‘Bad hall’ reverb
- + Internal/hidden EQ, bit-crusher, and limiter.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Super VHS.
Parallel Powers in a Plugin
Parallel compression - also known as ‘New York compression’ - is an essential technique for creating more powerful mixes. But it can be a hassle to deal with the extra routing when you’re in the creative zone. Baby Audio have made a plugin that does the hard work for you — with a fat and punchy flavour.
Under the Hood
Parallel compression, the traditional way, means setting up a separate bus, sending your audio to it, crushing it hard, then blending it back in with your signal. It also means having to balance an extra fader for the remainder of your mix. If you’re thinking that there must be an easier way, you’ve come to the right place! Baby Audio have built a simple plugin for the entire process: ‘I Heart NY’ hosts a parallel track internally: The incoming audio is duplicated, then processed and mixed in, before both signals are summed together through the output — giving you instant, punchy ‘New York Style’ compression on demand. No extra routing needed.
- Platform: Mac OS 10.7 and up
- Plugin formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- DAWs supported: Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Pro Tools, FL Studio, Reaper, Reason + more.
- Compatibility: 64-bit only.
- Platform: PC Windows 7 and up.
- Plugin formats: VST, VST3, AAX
- DAWs supported: Ableton Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Pro Tools, FL Studio, Reaper, Reason + more.
- Compatibility: 64-bit and 32-bit compatible.