What's New in Media Composer 2022
- IMF Original and Supplemental Support—As more OTT providers require delivery via IMF (Interoperable Master Format), more productions are looking for simple, affordable ways to achieve this. The new IMF window allows you to link to, open, and create IMF original and supplemental packages directly in Media Composer.* The tool includes support for MultiChannel Audio Mapping, MultiChannel Descriptive Metadata, burning multiple CPLs under one IMP, and adding a sequence from the IMF window into an existing bin.
- Avid Titler+ Updates—An improved and intuitive dashboard with alignment buttons, text box wraps text appropriately as the box is resized, opacity for gradients can be controlled in the toolbar, and you can rotate text directly in the Record monitor via selectable handles. The new “All in One” text box makes it easier to navigate between Text Mode and Selection Mode when creating titles.
- UI Customization Options—Additional options for highlight colors, and a new mid-gray interface brightness setting are now available for greater customization and aesthetic choice. These options are particularly helpful in reducing eye fatigue.
- Increased track count for Audio and Video – For VFX and sound heavy edits, the track count has been increased in a sequence to allow for 99 tracks of video and 99 tracks of audio.
- Bin Status Bar—You can now quickly see information about the number of items that are seen and selected in a bin, along with the duration of your selection, via the Bin Status Bar at the bottom right of the bin.
- Drag Clips to the Sidebar – Manage and move media easily by dragging clips from a bin to an open or closed bin the Project or Bin Sidebar.
- Mappable ‘Sync Lock All’ Button—The ‘Sync Lock All Tracks’ button has been added to the Edit tab of the Command Palette. You can map this button to the keyboard to easily enable and disable all Sync Locks in the Timeline when the Timeline window is active.
- Moving Segments in the Timeline—With this release, you can move segments in the Timeline up and down without leaving filler each time the segment is moved consecutively. This also applies to moving segments horizontally using the Trim left and Trim right keys.
- Find Bin In Timeline—You can easily access the Find Bin command directly in the Timeline when pointing over a segment. Simply right-click over the desired segment and select Find Bin to highlight the clip in the Bin. If the clip is in a closed bin, the bin opens and the clip is highlighted.
- Dockable Tool Palettes– Editors can create and dock as many tool palettes as desired and save them to individual workspaces for a more flexible user experience.
- Snap to Grid in Bin Frame View– Provides a visible or hidden grid that allows users to quickly and easily organize the contents in your bin.
- New NDI Control Panel– With the built in NewTek NDI plugin, open the control panel to select up to 16 channels of audio to output, set the NDI audio reference level to -14dB, -18dB, or -20dB and support for interlaced HD formats.
- “Over the Shoulder” experience with SRT– Review content and work collaboratively by virtual simulation using SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) over the internet.**
- PhraseFind and ScriptSync Farsi Support– PhraseFind and ScriptSync now support working with Farsi. Please refer to the Help menu in Media Composer for more information about how to ensure more accurate search and sync results.
*Available in Media Composer with the Symphony Option, Media Composer | Ultimate, and Media Composer | Enterprise
** Available in Media Composer | Ultimate, and Media Composer | Enterprise
- Media Composer | Ultimate—Edit SD, HD, high-res, HDR, and stereoscopic 3D
- Media Composer | PhraseFind Option—Find the right clips fast with a powerful dialog indexing and search option for Media Composer
- Media Composer | ScriptSync Option—Find the best takes and accelerate script-based editing with a powerful dialog and search and sync option for Media Composer
- Media Composer | Symphony Option—Correct and grade color and finish projects faster with advanced and secondary color tools and Universal Mastering
- Media Composer | NewsCutter Option—Add MediaCentral | Newsroom Management, iNews, and ENPS systems integration to Media Composer for news editing workflows (Windows only)
- Media Composer | Ultimate Software Updates + Support Plan—Provides access to all new releases and ExpertPlus support throughout your subscription
- Avid-qualified Mac or Windows-based computer
View Installation Instructions