- IMF Original and Supplemental Support—As more OTT providers require delivery via IMF (Interoperable Master Format), more productions are looking for simple, affordable ways to achieve this. The new IMF window allows you to link to, open, and create IMF original and supplemental packages directly in Media Composer.* The tool includes support for MultiChannel Audio Mapping, MultiChannel Descriptive Metadata, burning multiple CPLs under one IMP, and adding a sequence from the IMF window into an existing bin.
- UI Customization Options—Additional options for highlight colors, and a new mid-gray interface brightness setting are now available for greater customization and aesthetic choice. These options are particularly helpful in reducing eye fatigue.
- Increased track count for Audio and Video – For VFX and sound heavy edits, the track count has been increased in a sequence to allow for 99 tracks of video and 99 tracks of audio.
- Drag Clips to the Sidebar – Manage and move media easily by dragging clips from a bin to an open or closed bin the Project or Bin Sidebar.
- Moving Segments in the Timeline—With this release, you can move segments in the Timeline up and down without leaving filler each time the segment is moved consecutively. This also applies to moving segments horizontally using the Trim left and Trim right keys.
- New NDI Control Panel– With the built in NewTek NDI plugin, open the control panel to select up to 16 channels of audio to output, set the NDI audio reference level to -14dB, -18dB, or -20dB and support for interlaced HD formats.
- “Over the Shoulder” experience with SRT– Review content and work collaboratively by virtual simulation using SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) over the internet.**
- Export Pro Tools session– Media Composer now speaks the same language as Pro Tools, making the hand-off between editorial and audio post teams quick and easy.**
*Available in Media Composer with the Symphony Option, Media Composer | Ultimate, and Media Composer | Enterprise
** Available in Media Composer | Ultimate, and Media Composer | Enterprise
- Media Composer—Edit SD, HD, high-res, HDR, and stereoscopic 3D
- Media Composer Software Updates + Support Plan—Provides access to all new releases and Standard support throughout your subscription
- Please Note: This version of Media Composer works with NEXIS storage but does NOT SUPPORT bin locking or permissions management with shared projects for multi-user workflows. For that functionality you will need to subscribe to Media Composer | Ultimate
View Installation Instructions