Tape Cassette 2 is an audio plugin that emulates the warmth, noise, and character of old tape cassettes. Following up from Tape Cassette 1, the plugin has been updated with a sleek interface and more changes under the hood too.
Along with a brand new selectable Type 1 Cassette Impulse Response (IR), Caelum Audio has improved the saturation algorithm, wow & flutter engine, and implemented real sampled tape noise, all of which results in a wonderfully warm and more accurate vintage sound. In addition to this, there are now two VU meters to monitor audio, as well as selectable oversampling. Specifics are listed below:
- Selectable Type 1 Cassette Impulse Response (IR).
- Dynamic saturation curve algorithm implementing hysteresis and including oversampling.
- Wow & Flutter engines rebuilt to focus on smoother emulation.
- Real sampled noise from a Type 1 Cassette.
- Low Pass range increased down to 5kHz.
Use it to easily add that classic sound to an entire track, or use it directly on individual channels for added movement, texture, and warmth. Alternatively, take it further than the material limitations of tape and push the parameters into a far more experimental soundscape, as a sound design tool.
Powerful and Simple Parameters
- Saturation +/-24dB.
- Low Pass Filter 5-22kHz.
- Noise -80 to 0 dB.
- Wow 0 - 100%.
- Flutter 0 - 100%.
- IR On/Off.
- Oversampling (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x).
- Auto-Gain On/Off.
- Output +/- 24dB.