The World’s First Time Machine
Building on the legacy of the H910, the H949 Harmonizer® was Eventide’s first de-glitched pitch-shifter. Produced from 1979-1984, it introduced the MicroPitch effect, which used a proprietary single-sideband modulation technique for precise control of small pitch shifts. The H949 also offered unique flange, reverse, and randomized pitching effects.
The same legendary effects processor used by Jimmy Page, and cherished by Suzanne Ciani, has been faithfully recreated as a full-featured plug-in. Designed to inspire a new world of sound—from the basic engineering and sound sculpting tasks to demonic space creations, robotic distortions, and more—the H949 is a comprehensive special effects tool.
Included in Clockworks and Anthology XI Bundles
- MicroPitch: The H949 has a dedicated “MicroPitch” mode so that engineers could use it for authentic double-tracking emulation by making tiny pitch changes. The H949’s display added a fourth digit and 0.1% pitch resolution and became useful as an instrument—a precision tool for tuning and tempo control.
- Reverse: Causes short signal segments to be played back in time-reverse order. Combined with the ability to feedback around the reversed, delayed, and pitch-changed segments, all sorts of new sounds become possible.
- Repeat: The H949’s Repeat function broke new ground by having the ability to both time-reversed and pitch-change the ‘captured’ audio.
- Flange: Flanging is the effect created by frequency cancellations when a signal with a varying delay is added to another constant signal.
- Random: Introduces random variable delay at a range of 0 to 25 milliseconds. This is useful for double-tracking emulation to make the doubled vocal sound more natural and less identical to the original.
- H949 Dual: Comes bundled with the H949 Dual Harmonizer® plugin, which recreates two H949 units running in parallel, an application that was frequently used in the hardware version to create doubling effects, stereo widening, and a wide variety of other interesting sounds.
View Installation Instructions
|Windows 8+||AAX 32/64-bit, VST2 32/64-bit, VST3 32/64-bit|
|macOS 10.9+||AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit|