A Crush On Music
Distortion and saturation play a very important role in music production. From subtle, clean, and warm tube or tape saturation to the wildest multiband guitar amp effects: FabFilter Saturn 2 delivers.
Saturn 2 introduces a host of new features such as a redesigned interface with modulation visualization, new subtle saturation and linear phase processing for mastering, many new distortion styles, and more.
Warmth, Harmonics, Colour, and Dynamics
FabFilter Saturn 2 offers a range of different high-quality distortion models, inspired by the vintage sound of tubes, tape, transformers, and guitar amps. In addition, you get five creative FX distortion styles to mangle your sounds in weird and unexpected ways.
With its multiband design and per-band feedback, dynamics, drive, tone, and modulation options, Saturn 2 will bring a unique flavour to your music.
Bring Your Sounds to Life
Add life and depth to your music using the extensive modulation section. By applying subtle modulation to crossover frequencies, dynamics, band levels, or tone controls, great warmth and definition can be achieved.
With all the XLFOs, EGs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need, you get practically unlimited modulation possibilities. Creating new modulation connections could not be easier: just drag and drop. And Saturn 2 visualizes all modulation in real-time to show exactly what's going on.
Finally, FabFilter Saturn 2 contains all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, interface resizing and full-screen mode, support for Avid control surfaces, GPU-powered graphics acceleration, extensive help with interactive help hints, SSE optimization, and much more.
- 28 different distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to heavy guitar amps and a bit crushing.
- Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling).
- Multiband processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing.
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need.
- Fully redesigned, easy-to-use interface, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel.
- The adjustable slope for the crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24, and 48 dB/oct options.
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources.
- Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
- Various interface sizes and Full-Screen mode.
- Interactive multiband display.
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone, and level controls.
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with a 50-slot modulation matrix.
- Per-band solo and mute options.
- Mid/side processing.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Unique per-component presets.
- Interactive MIDI Learn.
- Smart Parameter Interpolation.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
- Undo, redo, and A/B switch features.
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and AudioSuite formats (64-bit and 32-bit on Windows, 64-bit only on macOS).
- 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only)
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel or Apple Silicon processor
All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats.