Super-flexible Vocoder Plug-in!
Waldorf's Lector plug-in vocoder puts the sound of talking synths, ringing resonance, swirling strings, and more into your favorite DAW. Combining Waldorf's penchant for producing analog-style, old-school synths with their creative approach to effects, Lector gives you the sound of a classic vocoder, with the versatility (and tweakability) only possible in a plug-in. Add subtle harmonies to vocals or create wild and rhythmic sounds, just by creatively combining a couple of sound sources. And thanks to its built-in 16-voice synthesizer, you don't even need an external carrier to use the Waldorf Lector vocoder plug-in.
Waldorf Lector Vocoder Plug-in at a Glance:
- Totally flexible vocoder architecture
- Built-in 16-voice synth
- Powerful onboard effects and processing
Totally flexible vocoder architecture
From robotic drones to high-resolution talking drum loops, Lector's flexible analysis filter bank lets you dial in its exact vocoder characteristics. That's because Waldorf gave Lector the flexibility to split audio into as many as 100 independent frequency bands, or as few as three.
Built-in 16-voice synth
Integrated directly into Lector is one of Waldorf's signature analog-style synthesizers. Complete with 16 voices and a pair of oscillators, this built-in synth lets you combine everything from simple sine waves to samples with your modulator signal. What's more, the Lector's synth includes powerful FM and ring modulation, sample and hold noise, and many other fun and creative elements you can use to spice up your sound.
Powerful onboard effects and processing
The built-in synth is only the beginning of Lector's sonic arsenal. To make developing your sounds even more exciting, Waldorf gave Lector a whole slew of awesome effects and processors. Three different kinds of overdrive, chorus and flanger modulations, syncronizable stereo delay, and rich reverb all live right inside of Lector. What's more, Lector gives you the ability to compress both the modulator and carrier independently.
Waldorf Lector Vocoder Plug-in Features:
- Flexible vocoder plug-in with built-in synthesis and effects
- Adjustable analysis filter bank lets you select from 3 to 100 vocoder bands
- Adjustable offsets and LFO modulation of synthesis filter bank
- 3-band equalizer with variable mid band
- Individual Compressors for carrier and modulator signal
- Voiced/unvoiced detector switch
- 3 types of built-in overdrive (tube, diode, and clip)
- 2-to-6-stage stereo chorus/flanger
- Syncronizable stereo delay
- Onboard reverb
- Sidechain input (VST 3 and Audio Unit)
- Carrier plug-in (VST 2)
- Built-in 16-voice Synthesizer with polyphonic, monophonic, or free-running voice structure
- Synthesizer has 2 x oscillators with sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse (with pulse width modulation), sample and hold, noise, and single and multi-sample playback waveforms
- FM and Ring Modulation synthesis styles, plus portamento/glissando articulation
- Synth architecture includes 1 x filter (lowpass, bandpass, highpass, notch (12dB and 24dB), and whitening modes), 1 x LFO (syncronizable, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, sample and hold, and noise types), and 2 x AR envelopes
Waldorf's Lector gives you the sound of a vocoder plus the power of a synth!
View Installation Instructions
- Software Type: Vocoder Plug-in
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Format: VST, AU
- Hardware Requirements - Mac: Intel Processor, 100MB Disk Space
- Hardware Requirements - PC: Intel Pentium 3 Processor, 1 GHz, AMD Athlon, 800 MHz, 100MB Disk Space
- OS Requirements - Mac:OS X 10.8 or later
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later