Mixing Room Experience with the Convenience of Headphones
For many audio professionals, listening on headphones is a necessary evil. Perhaps you need headphones when tracking? Perhaps you need to work away from your studio? Or perhaps your studio has that one neighbour that simply can't enjoy your creative output at 3 AM in the morning? Listening through headphones creates an unnatural sound that's quite different from how we hear music from speakers.
Re-Head will create a mixing room experience when using headphones, even when recording distorted guitars and other instruments that tend to sound unnaturally in your face in a headphone mix.
At the centre is a head response model that mimics the effect of your own skull on your hearing when listening through loudspeakers. Add to that stereo processing to avoid the hard-panned sound so common in headphones, a spectrum analyzer and EQ. There is even an impulse response representation of your favoured mixing room to let you feel right at home, even when you're not.
Re-Head won't replace your favourite studio monitors, for sure. But it will make the transition from speakers to headphones less dramatic.
- "Head response" model: get a more natural tone when working with headphones.
- Adjust the position and the angle between the virtual speakers.
- Adjust the brightness.
- Built-in EQ and spectrum analyzer.
- Impulse response (IR) loader to mimic your listening room, and compensate actual headphones.
- Flip left and right channels.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full-featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 / 64 bit).
- An Intel processor.
- macOS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32 / 64-bit) / AAX compatible application.