Pro Tools | Carbon is supported with Pro Tools 2021.6 on M1 Macs running macOS 11.3. However, users may experience the following known issues running Pro Tools | Carbon with macOS 11.4:
No audio output from the Mac to Pro Tools | Carbon. This can be resolved by re-enabling the device in Network Device Browser several times, changing the AVB configuration several times, or rebooting the Mac.
When working at sample rates above 48 kHz, intermittent audio dropouts or artifacts may occur during a record pass.
We are working closely with Apple to address these late-breaking issues with Pro Tools | Carbon running on macOS 11.4 and will provide additional information as quickly as possible. Until then, we recommend users disable Auto Update and remain on macOS 11.3.
- Audio dropouts/artifacts in 10.15.7 and 11.2.3; Resolved in Big Sur 11.3 release (PT-268800)
- No Audio Output over AVB; Resolved in Big Sur 11.3 release (PT-268662)
- Unable to create Session at new Sample Rate; Resolved in Big Sur 11.3 release (PT-265729)
- No Audio device in Audio Midi Setup; Resolved in Big Sur 11.3 release (PT-268874)
- "Cannot Communicate w PB Engine"; Resolved in Big Sur 11.3 release (PT-268881)