Not every hit is perfect, not every drum take is flawless, nor every drum sounds nice. But with MDrumReplacer no drum recording is gone for good. No matter if had bad mics positions or you just hate the entire drumset. MDrumReplacer fixes all that in a second. And still, your recordings will sound incredibly live.
Intelligent Drum-Hit Detection
MDrumEnhancer‘s powerful drum-hit detector works with maximum precision. With just a little help from you, it finds the hits you wish to replace in both single instrument recordings and sometimes even mixed drum sessions.
Advanced Analysis Technology
MDrumReplacer is equipped with advanced learning feature which thoroughly examines your audio material to identify the most prominent frequencies and sets the resonators accordingly. Listen feature then lets you audition just the filtered signal so that you can adjust the filters easily to set them as precisely as possible.
Replace Completely or Blend
You may replace the drum hits completely or just blend the original with the sample to get extra creative effects. How about enhancing your kick with a bit of an electronic flavour, for example?
Fix the Performance
MDrumReplacer basically includes the whole MDrumLeveler plugin. Therefore you may successfully use MDrumReplacer not just for replacing „bad hits“ but also to iron the drummer‘s performance. Just let the detector find an event and compute its correct level. The processor applies the requested gain to the event. Your drummer will seem to have a firm hand and solid performance.
In most cases, you will simply run the detector and choose a sound you want the unwanted hits to be replaced with. Your cheap snare or kick can be replaced with high-end drum within a second.
Keep it Live
MDrumReplacer uses the mighty MDrummer's sound engine, that means synthesized drums as well as top-quality drum multi-samples which respect the original drummer‘s performance and feel. The performance remains human, not robotic. Although some imperfections can be fixed with built-in drum leveller.
Tons of Samples
MDrumReplacer can use the huge MDrummer multi-sample libraries (including Drum Empire 2020) to select a replacement that fits your track the best. At this moment, you may choose from 80 gigabytes of samples. And the editing possibilities are endless. You can finally find the perfect sound!
Automatic Gain Compensation (AGC)
- Most plugins change loudness of the output audio, which makes browsing presets inconvenient, not mentioning randomization. MDrumReplacer includes automatic gain compensation, which quickly adapts to current settings and ensures the output sounds as loud as the input. This even protects you from thinking that something sounds better in cases it is just louder.
- Some plugins can intensely increase gain when exposed to specific audio materials. MDrumReplacer provides a safety brick-wall limiter, which ensures the output stays below 0dB and prevents your equipment and your ears from potential danger automatically.
Extremely fast, optimized for newest AVX2 and AVX512 capable processors
- Computers are now extremely fast, but the algorithms are more complex and projects bigger, so you still need to use the processing power with care. MDrumReplacer uses the fastest algorithms, takes advantage of the newest processor capabilities, lets your GPU handle the graphics, and shares the resources with other MeldaProduction plugins. The plugin is among the fastest on the market, yet it provides the best possible audio quality.
Compare multiple settings
A/B comparison is a widely used method to objectively hear the changes you are making to your audio and help you to make better decisions, non destructively.
- A to H Switching: Melda has taken this to the next level. Have up to 8 instances of the plugin, copy/paste the A to H slots and freely switch between them.
- A to D Morphing: You can also morph between the first 4 slots with an X-Y pad. Not sure which preset to choose? You could load 4 and find the perfect blend of all of them. Not sure if A or B sounds better? You might prefer an interpolated state somewhere between the two.
User interfaces need to be fast, simple to use and be easy on the eye. Everyone's needs can be different, so flexibility is important. Melda solves this with the most advanced GUI engine on the market.
- Stylable: From vintage hardware to super futuristic. You can choose the colours and style of the GUI, making these plugins personal to you.
- Resizable: All Melda plugins are freely resizable. Many also feature pop-up windows. So no matter how many screens you have or what size they are, you will be able to arrange your plugins to keep a focus on what is important.
- GPU Accelerated: All the elements in the GUI are accelerated by your GPU. This makes the graphics lightning-fast and frees up extra power for your CPU to focus on the audio.
- Stunning Quality: Melda plugins support HDPI and Retina displays, so you will experience beautiful crisp resolutions. With adjustable frames per second up to 100, you will not miss a thing in these detailed analyzers.
MIDI controllers with MIDI learn
- MDrumReplacer contains a powerful MIDI processor, which listen to MIDI controllers and MIDI keyboard and control any parameters realtime.
- MDrumReplacer provides 4 fully-featured modulators which can control any set of parameters including other modulators. Each modulator works as an LFO, level follower, midi/audio triggered ADSR enveloper, randomizer or pitch detector, or even a combination and can listen to the plugin's side-chain.
- You can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting. You can make various parameters depend on the input (or the sidechain) level or even listen to the input pitch.
- MDrumReplacer lets you control multiple parameters using a single so-called multiparameter. This may not only come handy for automation for example, but the multi-parameters are very smart units and you can use them to smartly morph between banks of settings for example. All in the name of creativity!
Global preset management and online preset exchange
- MDrumReplacer presets are carefully stored in a system database and you can quickly access them from any project in any host. The plugin can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from Melda's servers. Melda are building a community and you can be a part of it!
Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs
- Your ears should always be the main tool, but they are not the only way to judge your audio. Visual aids can be incredibly useful for a variety of reasons. Melda's comprehensive metering system is extremely flexible and delivers you accurate information when you need it. From classic meters to time-based graphs, you will see important visual feedback including; Input, Output, Stereo width, Loudness, Waveforms, Bands, Gain reduction and Sidechain, and some plugin dependent meters.
64-bit processing and an unlimited sampling rate
- MDrumReplacer provides the maximum audio quality you can get. It uses 64-bit audio processing and can handle any sampling rate. It does not make much sense to go over 192kHz, but if you think it is a good idea, the plugin can do that.
No Dongle / Internet Access Required for Activation
- How many times did you forget your USB dongle? Melda is an honest company and expects the same from its customers. Their software uses licence files to activate your software. And the licences are to-person, so you can use it on all your computers as long as you are the user.
Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows (both 32-bit and 64-bit) & Mac (64-bit only)
- MDrumReplacer supports all major hosts on both platforms. Check system requirements for information about compatibility and installation.
- When you buy the software you are entitled to free updates, forever. No more money wasted on major updates like it is with other companies. And Melda update their software a lot!
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
Always use 32-bit plugins in 32-bit hosts or 64-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts!
64-bit plugins can't work in 32-bit hosts even if the operating system is 64-bit. Do NOT use 32-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts. They would have to be bridged and can become slow and unstable.
Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.9 and newer (64-bit only)
- VST / VST3 / AU / AAX compatible host (64-bit only)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support or Apple Silicon processor
Note: Please check your product PDF documentation for more information and installation instructions.