Blue Cat's Free Amp
The Free Guitar Amp Simulation Plug-in
Blue Cat's Free Amp is a free guitar amp simulation plug-in offering three amp models created with the acclaimed Blue Cat's Destructor amp simulation modeller.
Inspired by legendary guitar amplifiers from the real world, the included "classic clean", "classic drive" and "modern drive" amp models cover a wide range of guitar amp tones, from clean vintage sounds from the early days of electric guitar to modern high gain metal tones.
Operating the plug-in is extremely simple: load it into your favourite host application, choose a preset or an amp model, and play! Like with a real guitar amp, you can tweak the frequency response with the included EQ and adjust the amount of drive - but watch out, it goes to 11!
- Free guitar amp simulation plug-in
- 3 amp models inspired by legendary amplifiers: "classic clean", "classic drive" and "modern drive"
- Simulations based on the Destructor dynamic distortion and amp modelling engine
- No latency
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation
- Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise
- Full-featured integrated presets manager
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard
- Any sample rate supported
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- New high-resolution graphics for knobs.
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Misc DSP performance enhancements.
- Improved GUI loading performance.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.